A People Committed to Jesus
Santa Margarita United Methodist Church began in 1988. We came together to be a unique people committed to Jesus Christ and honored to live out our heritage as United Methodist Christians.
We began worshiping in local schools, had two locations in the light industrial section of Rancho Santa Margarita, and settled at our current location in September 2003.
On July 1st we merged with Shepherd of the Hills United Methodist Church to become one of the first multi-site churches in South Orange County. We are one church community expressed in two locations, Rancho Santa Margarita and Mission Viejo. We are now one in ministry and mission to reach the people of South Orange County with the saving message of Jesus Christ.
From early on the arts were a part of our expression of ministry. You will find us using video, art, other visuals and multimedia as part of our ministry. Watch our 5 minute Campus Scenes and Activities video to learn more about some of the things we do here at SOTH.”
Missions has also been central, and you will find us caring for those in need through mission trips to Mexico, Mississippi and Native American Reservations, as well as caring locally through monthly participation in providing food for our local shelters and serving at Habit For Humanity and the OC Rescue Mission.
As we build on our past strengths, we turn toward the new thing God is doing among us as we seek to live as the opening act for the Kingdom of God with a focus on Jesus, community, caring for those in need, and the journey of faith. Our diversity is our strength, and our welcome is universal.
No matter who you are or where you have been, you are welcome at Shepherd of the Hills!
- Worship 9:30 AM: Relaxed Traditional – Traditional and new hymns with our Chancel Choir.
- Worship 11 AM: Contemporary / Modern Worship – Band, Candles, Families.
- Sunday school for children at each hour. Loving nursery care, too.
- Address: We are located at 30605 Avenida de Las Flores, Rancho Santa Margarita.
This Week at RSM Campus
On Sunday we continue our series on "Making All Things New." Last week we talked about the "What" of the Gospel - the very nature of the Gospel and how God wants to transform the world through it. This week we are going to talk about the "Who" of the Gospel. We are continuing to move through Colossians and as it progresses Paul begins to pray for the people of Colasse and does so because he knows that they will need great trust and knowledge of Who the gospel is about, and Who will cause life transformation. So this week we will gather together to talk about Who Jesus is when it comes to transformation newness. What we discover is that Jesus makes things new everyday if we simply allow those tiny transformations to lead to big ones..... See you Sunday as we talk about the image of the invisible!
Church Wide News & Events
Pastor Craig’s Final Sunday at Shepherd of the Hills: Pastor Craig will celebrate his final Sunday at Shepherd of the Hills on June 16th. There will be one worship service at each campus that morning. • Rancho Santa Margarita Campus – 9:00 a.m. Worship, Pastor Craig Preaching • Mission Viejo Campus – 10:30 a.m. Worship, Pastor Craig Preaching Following worship at the Mission Viejo Campus, there will be a celebration luncheon of Mexican street tacos! After lunch, a gathering will be held in the sanctuary at Mission Viejo.
- Pastoral News: The Rev. Karl Stuckenberg to Be Appointed as the New Lead Pastor at Shepherd of the Hills...
- 'Celebrate Recovery': Launched April 10th at 6:30 pm at the MV Campus (part of "Connect"). The weekly gathering will serve as a support group for dealing with hurts, habits and hang-ups, providing a place to share, fellowship, and embark on a path to healing.
- 'Connect' Gatherings: Wednesdays from 6:30 pm - 7:45 pm, Mission Viejo Campus
- Event Highlights: See what events are going on at both campuses here...
- Shepherd of the Hills Happenings: Read our monthly newsletter here...
- Campus Scenes: View a short video of scenes and activities from our campus.
- View Current Sermons: If you missed or want to re-experience a recent sermon, we have audio and video for you.
- Newsletters: An archive of recent newsletters. See what’s been going on.
- Sermon Series: Read about what’s upcoming and what’s past.